Sunday, May 31, 2009

What is appropriate to write in your status update box?

Is there a “Status Updates” protocol???

All these little internet sites…I.e., facebook, myspace, twitter…they all have status boxes…a place for you to write what you are doing, thinking of or feeling at that specific moment in time. What is the point of these things?

The reason I am asking is because…after a long conversation about life and relationships and all, with a friend of mine I hadn’t spoken to in a long time…I logged onto facebook. On the top of my screen, there was a box that said status updates…
so I wrote exactly what I was thinking…

“enuff with the BS, I’m looking for somebody that can develop into my wife…who is down?”

Now, my status was linked to my twitter as well (cheap advertising…follow me www.twitter.com/SimplyJayJay) Well, it was what I was thinking at that exact moment…being that I just had an hour long conversation about it. Within minutes…I had comments.
..things like
”soliciting for a wife over the internet is so not a good look”“…throwing you cards on table…you will be FLOODED with challenges…”“u a fool”“u had wifey…and let her slip away”

The private messages I received were so crazy…cant share those. But I was like damn…maybe I shouldn’t have written that.

At the same time, I saw some status updates from people on my friends list and don’t think mine was out of the way or would make me look bad. Some of theirs said…

Written from a girl…”I like it rough”
Written from a guy…”girl u got me up so its your job to put me down”

Aaaayyyyyyyyooooo! Craziness!!!!

So my question to all of you is…What is ok and not ok to put on your status updates?

Somebody help Simply

No comments:

Post a Comment